There is always room to improve.
Administrative outsourcing is a complex business. It involves multiple systems, population groups, plan structures, procedures and careful data management. No matter which outsourcing provider you choose, service issues can arise that seem nearly impossible to solve. Your staff and the service provider may point to problems sending or receiving data — often implicating the other party. Or worse, both parties may be unable to identify the root cause of problems. All the while, your customers could be experiencing less-then-stellar service. All of this takes a toll on the relationship, which ultimately may lead to a costly change.
But you’ve invested time and energy with that provider, honing a solution that meets your company’s specific needs. Before you jeopardize that investment by terminating the relationship, consider a Service Review led by herronpalmer.
Our consultants have decades of experience in benefits operation from all vantage points—as employer, provider and consultant. We have proven processes for:
- Analyzing performance standards against marketplace norms
- Assessing call center performance
- Tracking key data from point of origin through expected result — while verifying deliverables such as communications and interface records
- Evaluating system capabilities and level of automation
- Reviewing process controls and procedures
- Verifying compliance with plan rules
The result of a Service Review is a clearer path to improved service quality and higher confidence that you are receiving the services you contracted—and often an improved relationship with your provider’s account team. An experienced third party, such as herronpalmer, can make all the difference in getting to the bottom of service issues and rebuilding the foundation for success.